add 1

Sunday 29 July 2012

DO YOU THINK NIGERIA HAS LOST ITS CULTURE?


  In a country with over 250 ethnic groups, you would expect a lot but do you think NAIJA (Nigeria) has lost its culture? This lovely weekend, I took time out to find answers to this question and I got this:
Bello Wali, a student was the first person I met.
Me: Do you think Naija has lost its culture?
Bello: yes
Me: why would you say yes?
Bello: Because western culture has taken over and if I may ask you, when was the last time you wore a kaftan (a gown worn by men)?
Umar, a medical student said yes to my question. His reason was simple and a bit complicated; it is obvious he said.
Asmau said yes. When asked why, she answered “we have forgotten most part of our culture and will most likely forget the rest”. Bold answer there!
Rita's answer was simple and straight to the point, “look around you and answer the question yourself”.
As for me, I think its yes too, what do you think?  

2 comments: